找回密碼
 註冊
搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 1873|回復: 0

[10/12/21](The Star)Nicholas Teo is one cool dude

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2010-12-23 20:14:15 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Nicholas Teo talks about going sleeveless and falling off a building for his third idol drama The Gifts.

NICHOLAS Teo’s third TV outing sees him playing someone who is not unlike his previous celebrity roles in Smiling Pasta and Invincible Shan Bao Mei.

To be exact, the 29-year-old stars as a cool, talented fashion designer with a perfectionist streak in The Gifts.

This means he has a large wardrobe to choose from, but the Kuching-born singer was not very receptive at the beginning.

“I kind of resisted wearing the costumes at first, as I rarely wear sleeveless tops. It did not help that all my male co-stars look more buffed up than me,” he quipped.

As he slowly came around to the stylist’s perspective, he became more daring in his fashion choices. “Still, I would not put on a singlet unless it’s necessary as it affects my concentration,” he said with a laugh in an interview with StarTwo.

The 13-episode Taiwanese drama, helmed by Liu Jun Jie – who is responsible for popular series like The Prince Who Turns Into A Frog – also features Taiwanese stars Hsiu Cheh Kai and Li Kang Yi; and our very own Suki Low and Andrew Tan. Taiwanese singer-actress Cynthia Wang plays Teo’s love interest.

“I get embarrassed every time I’m asked about kissing scenes,” Teo admitted sheepishly, adding that he has no special feelings as it’s all for work.

“Luckily, so far, the girls I have kissing scenes with are very professional and natural. So it’s not really a problem. Moreover, the intimate scenes in idol dramas are usually brief and not as intense as in movies,” he said.

Before you write The Gifts off as just another idol drama, Teo and his co-stars want you to know that it’s more than that.

“I think it’s different from other idol dramas, which usually focus on the love story. This one has interesting subplots.

“For example, my scenes revolve around the fashion world, while Hsiu’s scenes are mainly about the police force,” said Teo.

Low, who was also present, added: “There are many characters with different personalities and styles. The viewers will be able to relate to at least one of them.”

The 21-year-old is making her acting debut as Ruo Yu, a philosophy undergraduate who has quirky thoughts.

“I was really nervous. It was my first attempt at acting and I was not familiar with a lot of things. I tried to read up on philosophy,” she said, adding that she initially had difficulty getting into her role.

“I just kept to myself. The director approached me one day and I started crying. He then suggested that I keep a diary as Ruo Yu and provide the role with more background information.”

It helped that seniors like Teo were supportive of the first-time actress.

“Suki’s a natural. When I first started, I was nowhere as good as her. There’s room for improvement, of course, but for a first-timer, it’s good enough,” said Teo.

Low recalled with a laugh: “I had to scold Nicholas’s character in a scene. I was so scared. He’s like, ‘you better go get me coffee later (laughs)’.”

Compared to Low, Teo had a tougher job, which required him to do a backward fall from the second floor of a building. “It was actually my final scene. I thought there was going to be a stunt double, but there wasn’t. So I tried to perform the stunt myself, but the outcome was not really good.”

Since it was also around the same time when Selina Jen of S.H.E suffered third degree burns when shooting an explosion scene in Chinese series My Date With Spring, Teo was extra careful.

“Before that, I was more accommodating and would agree to do anything they asked me to do. Now, I would make sure that everything is safe. It doesn’t matter if others think that I’m throwing my weight around, because if you don’t check, you’d be the one who suffers if anything goes wrong.

“I have to be 100% sure that I can do it. If not, I might as well not do it. So I studied the scene with the crew and we decided it was best to leave it to the professionals,” he explained.

In fact, Hsiu, who played a police officer in the series, injured himself in one of the scenes. “I was accidentally hit by an extra who miscalculated the distance between us,” he revealed.

That will not deter him from shooting action scenes in the future. “I’m getting the hang of it. It’s quite fun, not to mention that the action here were not as complicated as my previous work, Black And White,” he said, referring to the Taiwanese detective series starring Vic Chou and Mark Chao, in which he played a former assassin.

There were rumours of Teo and Hsiu not getting along on the set, but the guys displayed nothing but friendliness.

“When I saw the news report, I was like, ‘oh, well, there’s something for people to talk about the show.’ In fact, I laughed when my assistant showed me the report. The truth is, we got along well,” said Teo.

A collaboration between Astro and a Taiwanese production company, The Gifts was partially shot in Malaysia, with the crew flying in from Taiwan to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Malacca.

“The feelings were special because we got to showcase to Taiwanese audiences what we have in Malaysia,” said Teo.

The Gift airs on Astro Shuang Xing (Channel 324) Mondays to Fridays at 10.30pm, starting today.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|張棟樑香港歌迷會

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 06:03 , Processed in 0.082481 second(s), 16 queries .