熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 886|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[10/08/06](News Straits Times)My, what a spectacular bash

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2010-8-6 19:21:54 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
All 12 MY FM announcers come out in full force to celebrate its 12th birthday, writes WENDY WONG
IT was a night full of stars at the recent MY FM 12th birthday celebration at Arena of Stars in Genting Highlands.

The night of live music and entertainment was attended by more than 10,000 people.

With fans queuing from as early as 5am to redeem tickets for the concert, it marked the escalating popularity of the radio station. All 12 MY FM announcers — Jack Lim, Gan Mei Yan, Jeff Chin, Phoebe Yap, Vivian Tok, Wan Wai Fun, Royce Tan and Jason Phang as well as part-timers Jym Chong, Tan Fun Pin, Jentzen Lim and Siow Hui Mei— joined in the revelry.

They were joined by international artistes Denis Wu from Hong Kong, who is also a part-time announcer on MY FM, and Zhang Yun Jing, Della (Ding Dang), Alien Huang (Xiao Gui), AK (Andy and Kris) and Kevin Lin (Lin Long Xuan) from Taiwan. Of course the show wouldn’t be complete without our very own stars, namely Nicholas Teo, Fish Leong, Yise Loo, Suki Low, Hao Ren, Henley Hii, Josh Lai, Teo Yi Poi (champion of Astro Star Quest 2010) and hosts for the night, Thomas and Jack. Siow, Lim, Chong and Tan added a comical touch to the evening, dressed as Japanese manga characters Moon, Sausage, Sun and Star to introduce the artistes and their songs.

Prior to the concert, a pre-show was held at Rainforest Splash Pool at 7pm where fans were entertained by Yise Loo, Denis Wu, Hao Ren, Henley Hii, Josh Lai and Teo Yi Poi. Two huge screens were placed outside the venue for fans who were unable to get tickets to watch the concert indoors.

The announcers, dressed in space suits, made their grand entrance as special agents with a “mission to bring music back to life”.

Gan and Chin descended from the roof hanging on wires, Lim zoomed on stage in a three-wheeled vehicle and the rest popped out from a time capsule complete with pyrotechnics. Kicking off the evening’s performances were Thomas and Jack, who performed the theme song Wo De Wo De (Mine Mine) for the celebration.

The station’s popular weekday segments — Breakfast Show (hosted by Lim, Gan and Chin), 101 Classroom (Yap), Vivian’s Cafe (Tok), Drive Time ( Tan and Wan) and Jason’s Night Flight (Phang) — came to live on stage with the help of five musical skits, combined with interesting tales and futuristic twists. In each scene, the announcers performed a medley of songs from the 70s to present and guest artistes were roped in to act and sing. The collaboration was thoroughly enjoyable, and the scenes truly hilarious. A touch of magic was also added —iIllusionist Kenneth Wong helped the announcers with some acts.

There was also a tribute to King of Pop Michael Jackson. The announcers sang Jackson’s popular song Beat It. Local MJ impersonator David Chieng showed off his skills to the tune of Dangerous, accompanied by his dancers.

After nearly more than 60 songs and three hours, the event finally came to an end when the performers gave an encore rendition of Wo De Wo De. Note: MY FM 12th Birthday Bash Show will be aired on Astro Wah Lai Toi on Aug 31 at 4.30pm and a repeat show will be aired on Sept 4 at 10.30am.

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|張棟樑香港歌迷會

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:46 , Processed in 0.072678 second(s), 14 queries .